Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shamcey Supsup is Miss Universe 2011 Ready

Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2011 Shamcey Supsup was given a send-off party at the Gateway Suites, Araneta Center in Cubao, Quezon City last August 8, 2011.

The topnotch architect from General Santos City said that good education is vital to the country's advancement. “I have always prayed that there will be progress in our country, which I believe can be achieved through good, quality education,” she said in an interview.

The hopeful first-time, 25-year old beauty queen will leave on August 10, several days ahead of the scheduled arrival of candidates in Sao Paulo, Brazil on August 21, 2011. But before she goes to Brazil, she will visit Colombia for 10 days for some final polishing to cap her training according to the Bb. Pilipinas Charities Incorporated.

She further said she is not intimidated by the challenge and the added pressure brought about by the controversial Maria Venus Raj who landed in the fourth place during her Miss Universe stint last year.

I thrive on balance. I am a person who knows that winning means being responsible for the task that was handed to you, but still should be handled with fun and a zest for life. When I won the title last April, I knew that the journey to become the next Filipina Miss Universe would be very challenging, but it will be an endeavor to be enjoyed.''

She also said her disbelief on the “curse” of State University candidates not making it in international beauty pageants.

“I don't believe in curses. Win or lose, if you were able to show what being a real Filipino is, what the Filipinos are made of, then I think I have done my job and that for me is an achievement.''

Present during the send-off party were the BPCI personalities and Bb. Pilipinas beauties Maria Venus Raj, Pamela Bianca Manalo, Isabela Manjon, Mary Jean Lastimoza, Janine Tugonon, and Dianne Necio who all showed support to Shamcey.

No comments:

Post a Comment